Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Surprise!!!

I've always loved surprise parties...of any kind.  The planning, secret meetings, and suspense to see if it turns out to be an actual surprise.

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to make a cake for a client's husband's surprise birthday party (see photo).  People flew in from around the country, the party location (Bethel Heights Vineyard) was amazingly beautiful and even the sun made it's appearance.  I wish I could have been there to see it all unfold, but was happy just to have been a part of it.

This Friday, an acquaintance of mine, who is pregnant, will be having a "Reveal the Sex" party for her friends & family.  She had her ultrasound yesterday and dropped off the results to me today.  The crazy thing is that not even she knows the sex of the baby!  When they cut into the cake, everyone will instantly know if it's a boy or a girl, depending on the inside color of the cake.  This is the 2nd time I've made a cake for this kind of party and I think it's such a fun idea.  It feels a little strange being the only one who knows if it's a boy or girl, but I'm so honored to be doing this cake.

Stay tuned for the results...

No comments:

Post a Comment